Gorgeous Day for a Drive

Bob and I took advantage yesterday’s sunny day to go for a drive.

We spent Saturday in Erie, PA — an approximate 1 1/4-hour drive from our house. Upon our arrival in Erie we enjoyed a pleasant, not rushed, lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube. We each ordered steak burgers with fries; we shared dessert – brownie a la mode.

FE370_P1090005
This was my view, as I ate lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube.

After lunch we drove to Presque Isle State Park. We followed Peninsula Drive around the park. Presque Isle Bay is frozen; Lake Erie is not frozen, which explains the lake-effect snow that has been falling.

FE370_P1090006
Ice Fishermen on Presque Isle Bay
FE370_P1090010
A dog and its companions out for a walk
on the snowy beach of Lake Erie
FE370_P1090018
I was dressed for the bitter cold temperatures.

After driving around Presque Isle State Park, we went shopping at Millcreek Mall. Bob purchased clothing needed for our upcoming trip to Florida. I purchased a smaller version of my favorite handbag. I had been looking for a new handbag for quite some time. I was quite pleased with my find.

On our way back home we admired the splendor presented before us as the sunshine spilled its rays on ice-covered tree branches. The trees sparkled like diamonds in the sky.

FE370_P1090022

FE370_P1090023

FE370_P1090024

The previous three photographs were taken while riding in the car. We stopped briefly at Edinboro Lake, and I took this picture of ice-covered tree branches sparkling in the sunshine.

FE370_P1090026
Ice-covered tree branches

15 Responses to “Gorgeous Day for a Drive”

1. ClayrPlayr

Snow glistening on tree's are the most spectacular thing to see in the winter-time. That's something I will sorely miss. Thank you for sharing, Linda!

Boy, you were cold there! We were down to -3, but that was at night most of the days were at least in the teens, but you got the sun like we did, it sure is beautiful on the snow and your pics show it so well. I always enjoy you photos and these of your trip through Presque Isle State Park are especially beautiful! Very refreshing for a cold, Monday morning.

It sounds like you had a fun day. It is so beautiful when the sun shines on a snowy day! Great pictures!

4. Linda

Such beautiful icy branches. These trees seem to be standing up okay to the weight of the ice, but are there broken branches elsewhere?I can't quite take in the scale of your huge lake horizons!Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. My Dad is improving a bit, but has some way, and an operation, to go yet.

5. Greg and Dawn

Fantastic shots of the ice on the trees – especially the shot on Edinboro Lake! Of course, I have a soft spot for the lakes. We thoroughly enjoy walking on Presque Isle any time of year!

6. Tes

You are so cute in your winter gear, Linda! Your smile dispels the gloom away! Each one of your photos are amazing. You are so talented. You do have a gift and we are lucky that you share it with us. Such lovely photos!