The Loss of a Best Friend

I received a text message early this afternoon from my sister-in-law, Judy. The text message read “We are putting Tucker to sleep. His wind pipe is collapsed and his heart and lungs are giving out.”

Tucker is a Boston Terrier and has been a part of my brother’s family for the past 14 years. Tucker was a very much-loved dog and will be missed by everyone who knew him.

Tucker’s favorite thing to do was to play ball. Tucker was relentless while playing ball. Once you started playing ball with Tucker, you couldn’t stop playing ball with Tucker, until Tucker said you could stop.

Dog200706_005
This is my favorite photograph of Tucker.
A ball was never far from his side.
P2050115
How could you resist those eyes
when Tucker wanted you to throw the ball?
The Loss of a Best Friend
My nephew, Jared, was Tucker’s best friend.

R.I.P. Tucker

13 Responses to “The Loss of a Best Friend”

Always so sad to hear of someone losing their furry pals. Reminds me of the times I've lost my own over the years, but so much joy they bring into our lives. Tucker was a precious little dog.

2. Neil/Marge

This makes me feel so sad … I am sorry for their loss. We lost our best friend “Skipper” (an English Springer Spaniel) last October. It happened so fast and we had to make the difficult decision to put him to sleep.

3. Trails of a Traveler

I know how it is when someone misses their pet. Though I have never had a pet, I have seen friends who would literally break down when their pet passes away..

He is so cute, how very sad. He certainly looked happy and well loved in these pictures. He was a blessed dog!

5. Anonymous

Tucker was a very loved part of our family. He wasn't a part of our family, we were his family. Tucker had a way of getting his way no matter what the situtation. Balls were his life. Just say the word and he would bring you one and if you got tired and hid the ball, he always had a back up hid for that occasion. Rrne is right, it was Tucker's world we lived in but that was ok because we loved Tucker's world. I don't know where animals go when they pass but there is a poem about the Rainbow Bridge where pets are happy and I know Tucker is there running after his ball, breathing just fine. I Love You Tucker….Thank you all for your kind words.Judy

Hi Linda, It almost made me cry to think of the family losing Tucker. It made me think back to about 1989 –when we had to put our 15 yr. old cocker spaniel to sleep –due to tumors. I thought I was going to die… It was like losing a child. That's just so sad. I am so sorry for your brother's family. Thanks for coming to my blog. I hope you return…Hugs,Betsy

7. ClayrPlayr

Linda, I am so very sorry.. I know first hand that no words can make any amount of pain go away. This makes me very sad.. 😦 (((((HUGS))))