Eight Red Tulips, One Pink Tulip and Buds Not Yet Bloomed

I found these tulips in our neighbor’s front yard. There are not many flowers in our yard. Our neighbors spend much more time in their yard, tending gardens, than we do.

Dutch tulips from their beds
Flaunted their stately heads.
– James Montgomery, The Adventure of a Star

30 Responses to “Eight Red Tulips, One Pink Tulip and Buds Not Yet Bloomed”

1. Pat

Beautiful red tulips! How do you keep gophers from eating them all? That's my problem.

2. Shelle

i love tulips..these are gorgeous… my mil used to have a garden full of flowers and my dh bulldozed it up about 3 years ago! i do miss them.

I can't tell you how happy I am that you joined us at Today's Flowers Linda. A most welcome “Welcome!” Your tulips are beautiful and I enjoyed the quote you chose also. Thank you for sharing and have a great week.

Me again πŸ˜‰ I don't think FG wanted me to forget you Linda – lol. As it turned out I read his comment after I had visited. I don't do as many meme's as I would like to, but after a while they become second nature so if I have the time I participate in them. As I am a team member in TF, I always try and get round to everyone on the list. However, it is sometimes difficult as our weekends are very busy. I try and catch up during the week depending on what I am doing. Last week it was impossible. Today it is easy, I am propped up in bed with pillows surrounding me, starting the day with a horrible headache, still coughing and sneezing and a little bit mad that I can't go on our usual outing – the weather is GORGEOUS!!! – but it is allowing me to get a head start on catching up on everyone's TF entries.

5. Linda (PA_shutterbug)

@Denise – I'm sorry that you still have a cold. You say it is gorgeous there? It was gorgeous here yesterday. Today's weather, so far, is cool and dismal.

6. jabblog

Lovely tulips – my husband's favourite Spring flower. Ours haven't bloomed yet so we have that joy to come πŸ™‚

7. Cynthia

I love the composition and color on this one, those are just gorgeous flowers! WOW! I've been meaning to plant more tulips, we have just a few, kind of haphazardly scattered here and there, so no group displays like this. One of the many things to get done in our yard. I'm not sure who had the bright idea to landscape this place in chives, but that's what we have the most of, though big by bit, I'm eliminating those.

Beautiful tulips, Linda… You ought to just start planting a few things (perennials) each year. The Perennials WILL come back each year –and take almost no effort. Try it–you'll like it!!!Hugs,Betsy

9. vincibene

Thanks for your comment! And you are right, it is more a park, the forest begins behind it. I corrected it.

10. Shelle

our tulips are just startign to show this past 2 days….but one thing i've noticed the colour of them is so rich, they almost look over saturated. very nice!

11. Greg

These are really pretty! Our meetup.com group is going to visit a local tulip field next weekend. I'm pretty excited about it.

12. Judy

Lovely tulips! I love that lone pink tulip, amongst all the reds! Little things like that always make me smile, that others aren't perfect either!

Gorgeous tulips! We usually have so many here in the tulip city of West Michigan but we only have a few thus far.

14. Ana

Lovely tulips – will come back for the different perspective you mentioned.

15. Linda (PA_shutterbug)

@Tom(Fishing Guy)- It sure kept me busy reading and making comments! I saw lots of pretty flowers and met some nice people. Thank you for suggesting that I post in Today's Flowers.I'd like to say, also, thank you to everyone who visited my blog. Your comments were very much appreciated!

16. NISHANT NISCHAL

Beautifully captured. I'm really glad that I'm finding so many blogs that are dedicated to flowers and nature here on blogspot. My blog is not dedicated to flowers but I love capturing flowers and posting them on blogger. My most recent post has got some flowers from my hometown, plz visit and comment,. πŸ™‚