It’s Bloomin’ Tuesday!

Our azalea and blueberry bushes have blossoms bursting out all over.

We have one azalea. It is planted in in our back yard against the back of the house. The blossoms are pretty year after year.

Rain-Kissed Azalea Blossom

This azalea is in our neighbors’ yard.
I like how it grows in front of their front porch railing.

Another Rain-Kissed Azalea Blossom

Bee Tending the Blueberry Blossoms

We have four blueberry bushes in our back yard. When we cover the blueberry bushes with netting, they have yielded quarts and quarts of blueberries.

If you’d like to see more Bloomin’ Tuesday photographs, please visit Ms Green “thumb” Jean.

19 Responses to “It’s Bloomin’ Tuesday!”

1. Becca's Dirt

Check out those berries. They will be so good in the summer with ice cream. Stunning azalea in the back yard. Have a good day.

2. Anonymous

Incredbile detail, especially the honey bee.- The Evil SysAdmin

I love azaleas but have never been able to get one to grow…I am tempted to try one again.

4. Paula

Amazing! Azalea's are houseplants here! I have never seen one that looks like this and outside to boot! Kudos to you., Paula from Idaho

5. Darla

I see a lot of Azaleas around our town, I must say these you have featured today are some of the prettiest I have EVER seen!

Great pictures, Linda… I love Azaleas–and both of the ones you pictured are great–especially the macro ones –with water drops on them… BEAUTIFUL!!!!Love your two birdie posts also…It's raining at the beach today–so this gives me an opportunity to catch up with some blogging, some reading and some SLEEPING.. ha ha (What a life!)Hugs,Betsy

7. Jean

Perfect azalea photos! Yours looks huge. I can just taste the fresh blueberries! Happy Bloomin' Tuesday! Jean

8. Arne

I really like the third one – striking angular contrast of the railing (and house in the background) with the azalea.I also like the “rain-kissed” photo – nice job!Tough conditions on the blueberry blossoms. I'd probably try a highlight enhancement and light equalization to balance it out. White flowers are tough! Very nice detail on the bee wings. Well done!

What a beautiful azalea! I just love them and rhododendrons. I really like the ones with the rain drops:)

10. Andrea

Wow, the colors are so bright! and it looks like all ends have blooms. I love the shape of the first photo too. Have you seen Noel's site with his meme of “Hot,loud,and proud”? You should consider joining there, you can still link in with this post. http://www.aplantfanatic.blogspot.com. thanks

I love the single Azalea – really powerfully done. The pic with the bee is also quite phenomenal, Linda! Grand photos all around.

12. Corker2

Nice looking photos of the Azalea bushes. They are so colorful and give your home and nice look. We have 3 of them in front of our home and have always appreciated the beauty of them. Thinking of planting 3 more white ones around the back of the house, but I hate digging holes for them to be planted.Les

13. Cynthia

Beautiful azaleas! My grandmother had tons of these in TX. Hubby bought me a plant once, and I transplanted it outdoors, but it did not survive the winter.Lucky you to have a place for blueberries! My favorite! Great shot of the bee!

14. Linda

You must have acidic soil to have such luxuriant blueberries and azaleas. I think I'll have to give up on blueberries in the garden and try them in pots instead.