To My Mom

To My Mom
Mom and I in July 2003

TO MY MOM

Mom, just want to say
I miss you everyday.
I still see your smile
Even though it has been a while.
I’m sending you all my love
I hope it reaches you up above.
You are my shining star
Although you are so far.

– written by Patty G.

I stumbled upon this poem, while surfing the Internet. I wasn’t intending to post anything for Mother’s Day. This poem, though, reached out and pulled me in. The poem says so well what I would like to say to Mom on this Mother’s Day.

12 Responses to “To My Mom”

1. Corker2

A nice Tribute for your Mother. I should have thought of Posting a Poem such as that for my latest Post.

Happy Mother's Day, Linda!!!! We're home from the beach –and I'll post in the morning. Had a wonderful time –but it's nice to be home. One of my sons is visiting me on my 'special' day today!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day.Hugs,Betsy

3. Marci

What a wonderful photo and tribute to your mom. She looks like a special lady. I'm so sorry she is no longer with you.

What a beautiful poem and picture! You look so much like yoru mom:) I pray your heart will be comforted today as I know you miss her so much.

5. Scott

I wish I had more photos of me with my parents, both of which are long gone. Very nice post for Mothers' Day.

6. Ann

The writer definitely made her mum very happy. I would, if my daughter wrote it for me.Happy belated Mothers' day to you.My eldest daughter played my favourite piano in Singapore and sent it to me in NEw Zealand Via the internet. Something very very special as I first heard it the day she was born

7. Linda (PA_shutterbug)

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes. The photograph is one of my favorite pictures of Mom and me. It was taken before Alzheimer Disease stole her memory. I like to remember Mom in these days more so than the days she was sick.