Early Summer Visit to the Audubon Center and Sanctuary

My friend Susan and I visited the Audubon Center and Sanctuary in Jamestown, New York. I have visited the Audubon Center numerous times. You may view other blog posts that I have written about visits to the Audubon Center and Sanctuary by clicking on the tag “Audubon Center and Sanctuary” found at the top of this blog post.

This was Susan’s first visit to the Audubon Center. It was a good day for a visit because the cool temperature and light breeze kept the bugs away.

Q7012837 4x6
Big Pond
It was a sunny day, with blue skies and white puffy clouds.
D7015150 4x6
One of several small ponds
D7015154 4x6
Sun-bathing Turtle
D7015161 4x6
My friend Susan

D7015166 4x6

A trip to the Audubon Center is not complete without visiting Liberty. This photograph was taken shortly after Liberty had flown here from another perch. One day I hope to capture a good photograph of Liberty in flight. Liberty’s shelter is not large, so I would have to be real quick on the trigger!

There is so much more of the Audubon Center that I would like to share with Susan. I hope that we make a return visit in the near future.

16 Responses to “Early Summer Visit to the Audubon Center and Sanctuary”

Linda,Love the turtle close-up! You pictures are so like being there. I too love visiting nature centers or walk the wild parts that still are parts of Michigan, too. Your pictures always make me feel like I'm there with you.

2. Susan

Linda I had a wonderful time today TY for the tips in photography..only bad part was the snakes..hope I didn't bruise your arm to bad!!

Hi Linda, Isn't it fun to take a good friend to see one of your favorite places???? I enjoy showing off waterfalls that we have seen –with our good friends, Judy and Charlie. They are enthusiastic –and it's fun to share some of our fun times with them… I'm sure that Susan enjoyed it—and you two will need to go back sometime.Love seeing the Eagle… They are fabulous birds.That turtle really was enjoying the sunshine, wasn't he????? Funny!!!!I am better. Thanks for asking… I'm on some new meds –and will go back to the doctor in 2 weeks. Will probably get an injection in my knee then.Hugs,Betsy

4. Ann

I like the turtle. Wonder how long it takes to warm up.The puffs of clouds look like dancing.

5. Barbara

Wow those are exceptional photos, that Eagle is wow…I have one of a Osprey but this one is super great, hugs my friend. Barbara

What a lovely place and lovely photos! My favorite is the one of the turtle. So cute!