Genesee Country Village and Museum – #11

This post continues with details and photographs from our visit in June to the Genesee Country Village and Museum.

Each of the blog posts prior to this one have provided details and photographs about the Historic Village and the Silver Baseball Park. Also located on the grounds of the museum is the John L. Wehle Art Gallery, the Genesee Country Nature Center, the Carriage Museum, and the Heirloom Gardens.

The John L. Wehle Art Gallery is closed for renovations this year; however, we did enjoy looking at a large sculpture garden located outside the gallery.

D6264958 4x6
“The Unknown”
D6264973 4x6
D6264975 4x6
“Elhew Snakefoot”
D6264978 4x6
“Mountain Comrades”

The Carriage Museum is full of horse-drawn carriages and sleighs from the 19th and early 20th centuries. I have no photographs from inside the Carriage Museum. The photographs that I took came out dark. I’ll have to return one day with my external flash and take photographs of the carriages and sleighs. I do have photographs from outside the Carriage Museum to share with you though.

D6264933 4x6
Horses on Parade – “Livingston”
D6264935 4x6
Close-up photograph of the artwork on “Livingston”
D6264957 4x6

Sitting on “Livingston’s” top hat was this bluebird. I took this close-up photograph of the bluebird especially for my friend, Betsy, who is the author of the blog “Joyful Reflections”. Anyone who has read “Joyful Reflections” knows how much Betsy loves bluebirds.

We hope to one day go back to the Genesee Country Village and Museum. In addition to visiting The Historic Village and the Carriage Museum once again, we would like the opportunity to visit the John L. Wehle Art Gallery, the Genesee Country Nature Center, and the Heirloom Gardens.

Both the John L. Wehle Art Gallery and the Carriage Museum sit on the outer perimeter of the Great Meadow. In the center of the Great Meadow is a gigantic gazebo.

D6264928 4x6
Great Meadow Gazebo

This photograph of the Great Meadow Gazebo concludes my blog posts about the Genesee Country Village and Museum. I hope that you enjoyed seeing the museum sights through the lens of my camera.

15 Responses to “Genesee Country Village and Museum – #11”

1. Fotobloggen 2011

Ive enjoyed following your visit a lot! the sculptures are great, animals are my favourites and teh house on the last photo – great would not mind having that as a pavillon in my garden 🙂

2. Scott

Looks like a lovely place to visit. The sculptures are great, and love the bluebird touch and the hat on the horse.

3. George

I very much enjoyed visiting the village and museum with you. If the sculptures are any indication of quality, the Art Gallery must have a wonderful collection.

Oh-Oh-Oh—- I love the bluebird… THANKS!!!!! I would love the Carriage Museum…. And those sculptures are unbelievable… This whole experience has been great… Thanks so much for taking us… I'm am totally impressed with this entire village and museum…. Thanks again, and thanks especially for the bluebird…Hugs,Betsy

5. Lorraina

Loved the sculptures and the painted horse with his hat on – awesome! Beautiful gazebo too. Thanks Linda for showing me this wonderful place!

6. Andrea

Hi Linda i have not been posting and visiting for a while. I am back and as usual always appreciating your photos, especially that gazebo. The composition and details i love so much. Thanks again.

7. noel

aloha linda,beautiful sculptures, i think i saw one of these at the washington capitol representing your state…that gazebo is quite amazing and elaborate 🙂

8. Martha Z

I thank you for sharing this wonderful place. I've been to several living history museums but this seems to be the most comprehensive. I enjoy seeing how our forbearers did things.