One of Those Days

It’s been one of those days, and it isn’t yet noon!

One of the first things I do after getting up in the morning is make a cup of tea. Today was no exception. I made my cup of tea, carried my cup of tea into the living room and proceeded to set it down on the end table. The tea in my cup reached the end table before my tea cup! There was tea all over the end table AND my computer mouse! My wireless mouse isn’t working any longer even though I removed the batteries right away and dried the mouse inside and outside. Thankfully, the spill missed my laptop computer!

While taking a shower I reached for the shampoo bottle. This shampoo bottle is 23.7 fl. oz. It was a recent purchase, and I hadn’t yet opened the bottle. The bottle slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor of the bathtub, missing my toes by a mere millimeter (0.0393700787 inch)!

I wonder what rest of the day has in store for me!

8 Responses to “One of Those Days”

Oh Linda, Hope the rest of your day is MUCH better… I have ruined a keyboard before by spilling water on it. NOT FUN!!!! Sorry about your wireless mouse. We have them too now (Fairly new for us) –and I have to keep a big note in front of me telling myself to turn off the mouse at nights… I'm doing better –but it's easy to forget.Glad that shampoo missed your toes… Yipes!!!!Thanks for telling me about the Elderberries.. I'm putting an update (with your name) on my post.Hugs,Betsy

Oh, yuck! I am so sorry! I've done similar things with a cup of tea, or a glass of it iced. Hope the mouse finally dries out and works. Sounds like with the tea and the shampoo you need to go and hide out for a while!! 😉

3. Willard

I know those kind of moments all too well. I have had to dry out keyboards more than once, but thankfully have not yet spilled anything on the built in keyboard on a laptop.I enjoyed the photos of the ships and of your other recent travels very much.

4. George

There's not even a Friday the 13th this month! I hope this is the last of your mishaps for today and the days ahead. I also hope your mouse comes back to life.

Ouch! Glad it didn't didn't hit your toe…that would have hurt! Even though I hate that you got your mouse, I am glad you didn't get your computer.

6. Becky K.

Ooopsie daisy! So glad the shampoo missed your feet. I dropped our cell phone in a public toilet this week….that was sad.Becky K.

7. Linda (PA_shutterbug)

Thank you so much for all the comments. I loved reading them all when I came home from work. Rest of my day went by without incident. And guess what? My mouse came back to life!