New Bird Feeder

I work part time as a cashier at Howe’s True Value, a local hardware and lawn and garden store. I thought this part-time job would bring in extra money for travel. I thought wrong. There’s just too many neat things to purchase at Howe’s True Value. Here’s our latest purchase.

Our new bird feeder

The bird food (black oil sunflower seeds and two suet cakes) and pole are newly purchased too.

The new bird feeder sits outside our kitchen window. I hope that the birds like how well we are treating them!

15 Responses to “New Bird Feeder”

1. Becky K.

The birds are going to love it and you will love watching them out your window! I know if I worked in retail I would end up buying a lot of things too.Becky K.

2. Anonymous

Nice feeder! I hope you get a lot of birds, and of course have your camera handy! If we put one like that up, the bears would have it down in a minute, and the squirrels (both red & gray) would be all over it. The flocks of goldfinches were demanding seed here in NH, so I got them a Nyjer seed feeder that hangs out over the deck on a slippery bracket (keeps squirrels off the feeder). It worked so well I went back to the hardware store for another bracket for the other birdseed feeder! Cynthia

3. Lisa RedWillow

Linda you and I did the same thing this week. I couldnt do much so I did this too out the window . Your turned out really nice. My Orange cat what right there at my feeder also. He is so handsome.Have a great night.

Your new feeder is really good looking. I have suet feeders, but they're separate from the feeder. Yours looks very practical – two less feeders!All my old feeders have been cleaned for winter…no new feeders here but we have had lots of birds visit which I am always glad for since I love watching the birds.

5. Barb

Hi Linda, I noticed when I visited Lisa's bog that you are from PA, so I thought I'd pay you a visit. I've lived in CO over 20 years, but was born and raised my children in Lancaster County, PA. Good Luck on your bird watching!

6. Chip Allen

My wife, Frankie, says she's always been afraid to apply for a job at the local Lowe's because she'd end up getting a bill instead of a pay check each week. My dream job would be doing anything, even sweeping the floors, at Bass Pro Shop. My weekly pay day bill would require the use of a forklift to deliver.I refer to the maple outside our bedroom window, festooned with feeders, as Burd Town. Frankie loves watching the flying gluttons and I have to admit I love shooting photos of them during those winter days when it's too nasty to go out roaming.

7. guild-rez

Linda, I have exactly the same birdfeeder in our garden. Bought the feeder for $5.00 in a garage sale. I am not sure where to install the feeder because of the squirrls. If the bird feeder is to close to your window birds see the reflections of the feeder and will fly into the glass and get injured.Just watch and be careful.Thank you for your comments on my blog.- Cheers Gisela.

8. Nezzy

Oh girl, I sure they just adore their new buffet! I love feedin' our fine feathered friends. I feed 'em year round and have the most spectacular variety. I'll do anything for company down here on the Ponderosa!!! Heeeheehhe!God bless you sweetie and have the most incredible week!!! :o)