Our Thanksgiving Vacation – “A Longwood Christmas” (Part 1)

We spent the Thanksgiving holiday in SE Pennsylvania. The day before Thanksgiving we visited Brandywine Park and zoo in Wilmington, Delaware. You may read about that day’s adventures by clicking here.

On Thanksgiving Day we visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. A special event, “A Longwood Christmas”, opened that day. In this blog post and the several to follow, I will share photographs from Longwood Gardens. Today’s photographs were taken in the East Conservatory Complex.

DB258329 4x6
DB258344 4x6
DB258343 4x6
DB258331 4x6
DB258442 4x6

The next six photographs were taken at the Indoor Children’s Garden in the East Conservatory Complex.

DB258346 4x6
DB258347 4x6
DB258348 4x6
DB258350 4x6
DB258351 4x6
DB258352 4x6

In my next blog post I will share photographs from Longwood Garden’s Main Conservatory.

10 Responses to “Our Thanksgiving Vacation – “A Longwood Christmas” (Part 1)”

1. Scott

That is a beautiful place and certainly ready for Christmas with all that red and green. Nice job on showing us around.

2. Becky K.

Great job! I don't know how you got so many pictures without other people in them!! Wow! I love the wide open shots in the Conservatory. I usually avoid those just because there are so many people milling about.

I really love the greens and reds throughout the gardens. That first photo of the berries and daffodils is a gorgeous one!I like the Children's part of the garden with the dragons and of course that peacock. I've often wanted to visit the gardens at Longwood. They have been highlighted on some of my gardening shows and seem to be so beautiful.

Holy Cow, Linda…. We were in two different places —but our experience was SO similar…. We were at the Biltmore House and Gardens in Asheville… My pictures on tomorrow's blog (and several more upcoming blogs) were taken from the Conservatory at Biltmore… It's unbelievable how similar it was to the one you all visited…. Small world, huh?????Gorgeous pictures.Hugs,Betsy

It's been wonderful looking around this place Linda. You did a perfect job of documenting everything with your lens.

6. Andrea

Magnificent display of plants, they are so plenty. I always love though the creeping greens on walls and posts, it's just that they destroy them eventually because of their roots. Those red berries, are they just cut from trees and stuck on the ground there? I can't seem to discern which are real and which are not.

7. George

This is a beautiful conservatory, and you did a wonderful job of capturing the lovely plants. I also liked the photos from the Children's wing.