Our Thanksgiving Vacation – Part 3 of “A Longwood Christmas”

On Thanksgiving Day we visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. A special event, “A Longwood Christmas”, opened that day. On Tuesday I shared photographs that I took while strolling through the East Conservatory Complex. Yesterday, I shared photographs that were taken in the Main Conservatory. In today’s blog post I will share photographs from the West Conservatory Complex’s Orchid House, Mediterranean Garden and Palm House.

ORCHID HOUSE

The orchids were beautiful and wonderfully scented.

DB258377 4x6
DB258378 4x6
DB258379 4x6
DB258382 4x6
I almost missed this orchid wreath. It hung high on a wall.
Isn’t it beautiful!

MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN

DB258383 4x6

DB258385 4x6

DB258386 4x6

PALM HOUSE

DB258389 4x6

In my next blog post I will share additional photographs from Longwood Garden’s West Conservatory Complex.

10 Responses to “Our Thanksgiving Vacation – Part 3 of “A Longwood Christmas””

1. Becky K.

I didn't go here the other day. It looks beautiful. Love the little decorations you featured. So cute and pretty.

2. steviewren

The photos you posted in all three posts show how pretty Longwood Gardens is. I love seeing the conservatory roof in some of the shots.

The poinsettias are gorgeous, as is the tree with lavender in and on it (bet the smell was great!). The long view through the arches are beautiful too, but those orchids are eye popping, especially the peach colored one. I was never at Longwood, but it is some place I'd really love to see – especially at Christmas!

Can you hear me laughing again???? We visited an Orchid house —and some of our pictures look just like yours!!!!! We were all doing the same things!!!! ha…Love your pictures… I will publish mine gradually.Hugs,Betsy

What a beautiful place. I loved looking at all the pictures of your last few posts. The orchids are so beautiful. My little phaleonopsis orchid is going to bloom again and I am so excited!

6. George

The orchids are absolutely beautiful, but then so is everything in the Conservatory. Thanks for taking along with you on your visit.