An Event Full Weekend

On Friday I finished decorating our Christmas tree.

Our Christmas Tree

On Saturday I spent 6 hours cashiering at Howe’s True Value’s annual Open House. There was a good turnout for the Open House, if the lines at the cash registers are any indication! Santa Claus even paid us a visit for a couple hours. I wanted to sit on Santa’s knee to ask for an early Spring, but I couldn’t get away from the cash register long enough to do so!

Santa Claus

As the calendar was turned over from November to December, someone turned on the snow engine. We’ve had snow every day since the beginning of December.

December 2, 2010

8:51 AM on December 5, 2010

We enjoyed the company of friends today. Sherry and Craig visited with us for a couple hours. Sherry and Craig live about 1 1/2 hours east of our home. Sherry and Craig enjoyed their drive through a winter wonderland, as they made their journey to our home. We visited for about 3 hours before Sherry and Craig left for their drive back home.

Sherry and Craig

It has been snowing all day. We have a lake effect snow warning in effect through 7:00 PM on Tuesday. The weatherman is calling for 8-12 inches of snow, with locally higher amounts possible.It will be interesting to see how high the snow piles on top of the bird feeder. This might be the highest we see the pile of snow, though, because the wind has picked up!

6:09 PM December 5, 2010

This photograph was taken approximately 9 1/4 hours later than the previous photograph of the bird feeder.

9 Responses to “An Event Full Weekend”

1. Jen

We had snow this weekend too- thank goodness not as much as you! The birds were eating like crazy. I see you have had some nibbles on your suet. 😉

I believe you will get more than our big lake is going to give us with the “lake Effect,” snows in the next few days! We're only suppose to get about 6 inches.

3. George

It's too bad you couldn't get to Santa to ask for an early Spring! I think I'm ready!!You certainly got quite a bit of snow over the weekend. It looks very pretty, but you can keep it up there as far as I'm concerned. You've got a beautiful tree.

4. Arti

Beautiful pics, very colorful…Never seen so much snow here in India… Must be very cold!! That snow is piling up fast…Have a wonderful weekend:)

5. jabblog

It sounds as though there's a lot of snow heading your way. Stay warm and safe.I love your snow photos and well done on the tree. Ours isn't decorated until a few days before Christmas.

Wow, you guys have a lot of snow! I want some Christmas snow, but I don't think I want that much:) I like your tree, it is very pretty. I'm glad your open house went well at work. It looked like a really fun event!

Wooooooo Linda.. I'm jealous!!!! I love snow–and we just don't get much down here (at least most of the time). We had snow flurries all day yesterday and today–but no accumulation much. Our temps are very cold though.. going down to about 13 tonight…. Brrrrrrrr…Love your tree–and that's a good picture of your friends…Stay SAFE out there in this stuff..Hugs,Betsy