The Snow Continues …

Our lake effect snow warning that began on Sunday morning was extended from 7:00 PM Tuesday until 6:00 this morning. I just received an email that says that the lake effect snow warning is extended until 10:00 AM on Thursday. Yesterday morning, I measured 19 inches of snow on the ground. Bob cleared the driveway and sidewalk when he came home from work. He measured 21 inches of snow. I’d say there is 2 feet of snow on the ground now. The latest forecast calls for 6-12 inches of new snow.

Our winters are usually snowy; however, we don’t have many 5-day snow events! Last time I remember it snowing for such a long period of time and a good amount of snow from the storm was during the Thanksgiving Day holiday in 2002! The 2002-2003 season was quite snowy. I remember Leo, our exchange student at the time, wondered when it would start to snow. Leo is from Brazil and had never seen snow. He was very excited when we received our first snowfall, which was sometime in October 2002. After a few snow storms, Leo asked when the snow would end. If I recall correctly, it snowed until early April 2003.

12 Responses to “The Snow Continues …”

1. Chip Allen

I don't mind the snow, in moderation, but right now we're hoping it holds off for a while. We'll be traveling Monday and we're praying for clear skies until we get to mom's house. After that let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

2. Fotobloggen 2011

We have lots of snow for the season and if it goes on like this it's goung to be more than last year when we had lots and lots of snow. I don't mind snow, it lights up this dark season, but I want the snow to stay, fairly cold and no snowfalls. showeling snow is not a favourite of mine, however we will have a white christmas for sure 🙂

3. George

I hate to think what would happen down here with that much snow. Our schools were canceled on Monday and Tuesday because of a quarter-inch of snow! So I'll let you keep the snow up there and I'll just enjoy the pictures.

Wow! You are ahead of us and if you get the 12 more inches, you'll be buried! This snow is way early, and way heavier than we've had in years. I hope this isn't a precursor to what the rest of the winter is going to be like! Take care!

Oh My—-hope this is not a repeat of the 2002-03 winter for you. I will say that even though we haven't had much snow this week, we have had some terribly cold temperatures… This morning it was 13 –and didn't get over the mid-20's all day.. That is rare for us–especially in December…. Let's pray for an EARLY Spring…Take care out in that snow, Linda–both of you.Hugs,Betsy

6. Trails of a Traveler

I thought even last year was very snowy. That is what I heard from my friends in NY. Not sure about PA.Looks like this year too there is going to be a long bout of snow. I wish I too would get to see snow sometime..Ram

7. Nezzy

Oh my goodness glory girlfriend. Ya'll are gettin' plastered with the white stuff. I'm sooo not a snowbunny but we do get snow and ice here in the Ozarks.God bless, hunker down and have a most stupendous weekend sweetie!!!

8. Arti

Being from India even I have not seen snowfall… Except once in the Himalayas about 16 years ago!!Have a wonderful weekend:)