Rusty’s Visit

My brother and sister-in-law’s dog, Rusty, visited with Bob and me today. Rusty was accompanied by Jim and Judy.

D1029174 4x6
Rusty and his rope toy.
D1029179 4x6
This toy is almost as big as Rusty!

We had a great visit with Jim and Judy. Shortly after they arrived, we sat down to a dinner of roast beef, potatoes and carrots. I was happy that Bob’s daughter, Stacey, and her fiance Mike were able to join us. Jim saw Stacey and met Mike in October last year. Judy, on the other hand, hasn’t seen Stacey in quite some time. Today was the first time that Judy and Mike met. Our dinner conversation was engaging and informative as we caught up on each others’ news. As Stacey had to work from 3:00 – 8:00 PM today, she and Mike left shortly after dinner.

After Stacey and Mike left, Jim and Judy visited with us for another 4 hours. Whenever we visit Jim and Judy at their house, we rarely have an opportunity to talk at length as there are others present to capture our attention. It was nice, for a change, to chat uninterrupted for several hours! Rusty even listened as we conversed!

D1029178 4x6
See how Rusty’s ears are fanned forward? He’s listening to us 🙂

12 Responses to “Rusty’s Visit”

I think I love this time of year because after the Holidays we always end up seeing people we normally don't – which is always fun! Rusty is sure a very cute little guy, too.

Yea—I'll bet that Rusty took notes so that he can write some of the juicy 'gossip' for the latest issue of the National Enquirer…… YES—Rusty was listening!!!!! ha ha haYour dinner sounded wonderful –and i'm so glad your friends and some family members could join you. I'm sure you had a wonderful time together.Hugs,Betsy

3. Andrea

Hello Linda, Happy new year to you and Bob. May you have more wonderful trips and beautiful photos this year. Your dog and Rusty are beautiful too, i suddenly miss ours, who died before Christmas. Jopet was a very kind and thoughtful dog and our kids love him dearly. They and my mother actually cried when he died.

4. Diana

How beautiful is Rusty! look at that face. ;)Happy New Year Linda! May you and your family have a wonderful year of good health and many blessings. And thank you for being a part of our 2010.

Rusty is such a cute dog, great photos of him Linda. Sounds like you had a lovely visit with your family. Large gatherings are nice but the smaller ones are too, especially when you can have a nice quiet chat and catch up individually.

6. Dar

Your dinner was one of my favorites as a child in a house full of siblings, 9 of us underfoot, as Mom fixed many a memorable meal. There is just something so comforting about a roast beef dinner. Love that Rusty!!!What a sweetie…just look at those adoring eyes. He's loving his masters.I found you at my sisters at UpNorthWithMel…and will be back. The photo you did of A Father Watching Over His Family is outstanding.BlessYourHeart

7. eileeninmd

Linda, it sounds like you hada great get together with yoru family. I love the cute little Rusty! I wish you and yours a very Happy, Healthy New Year.

8. Fotobloggen 2011

a great portrait of a lovely dog. My old shetland Sheepdog is alert and playfull even though he turns 13 in 2011christina, swedenwith a new blog for 2011's challenges

p.s. me again, I just reread your comment about one of your sisters in law being from Ipswich. I have probably been through Ipswich many times as the name is very familiar to me. Isn't Google Maps great? I went back to England to visit various places that I lived in, and you can even get the street photos and follow the streets, just as if you are walking up them. So clever!

10. NISHANT NISCHAL

Isn't it always so beautiful to see people having fun, especially in this time of the year. Very very beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. 😀