It’s SO Pretty, Honey!

I must have said those words at least a dozen times yesterday. Bob and I spent the day in Niagara Falls, NY. It was a spur of the moment decision to go to Niagara Falls. The decision was reached at 6:30 yesterday morning. It was the first time either of us had seen the falls on the American side in the wintertime. I exclaimed, “It’s so pretty, Honey!”, several times to Bob.

D2159639 4x6
Prospect Point
D2159642 4x6
Bob, alongside Niagara River
Prospect Point is behind Bob.
D2159647 4x6
View of American Falls from Goat Island
LOVE the rainbow!

D2159660 4x6
Close-up view of American Falls from Goat Island
LOVE the frosty tree in the foreground!

D2159662 4x6
Terrapin Point
In other seasons you can view Horseshoe Falls from this lower observation area!
D2159668 4x6
Me, with Horseshoe Falls in the background

Besides seeing the falls, we ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Eating at the Hard Rock Cafe is a treat for us. The only time we eat there is when we visit the falls. We each ordered one of their 10-ounce Legendary Burgers, served with onion rings. We had a wonderful day at the falls!

12 Responses to “It’s SO Pretty, Honey!”

1. Barb

I've never been to Niagara Falls, Linda, so seeing your photos was a treat. My parents Honeymooned there in the 30's. Looks like you have a lot of snow around your house in PA, too. Is this a big snow year for you there?

2. Becky K.

Something else to put on my wish list of things to do. That sounded like so much fun. It is beautiful too, just as you said.

3. Darla

These are very beautiful photos of the Falls…I have never been there either. You are so right about the contrast between your post(s) and mine, funny!

I just checked out your other photos, also. It looks so brisk…like it is cold trying to warm up there. We have shirtsleeve weather today! Close to 70º….

5. Imre Z. Balint

Very nice! Indeed a place most photographers would enjoy. Although I think if I ever go there, it'll have to be during summer when it's all nice and warm! lol 🙂

6. Andrea

Hi Linda, superb photos of a very famous site. Have you seen Donna's photos there these last few days and weeks, lovely too (gardenwalkgardentalk)

7. gardenwalkgardentalk.com

Thanks for stopping in to see my images of the falls. Since I live here and can walk there I am there often. You were lucky to visit on a sunny day. I may have even been there that day too. Not many people are there in winter.

HI There, We are home after a few days with friends in North Carolina. George has been begging me to go there in Winter–and I have refused so far because I don't want to drive in the ice and snow. Maybe someday we'll get there in winter… It is awesome for sure!!!Hope you are having a good week.Hugs,Betsy

Always love to see photos at Niagara Falls. I enjoyed your photos very much Linda. We went to the Canadian side several years ago, that is my sister and my niece. It was a girl's only trip and is one of those memories that I treasure. We still need to check out the American side and hopefully one of these days we'll do just that.