Ridgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous

Untitled

Yesterday Bob and I attended the 12th annual Ridgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous in Ridgway, PA. It was our first time attending this event. You can read all about the Rendezvous by clicking here, which will take you to the official rendezvous website. Please click here to see the pictures that I took at the rendezvous. Be prepared to be amazed, as I was, by the exceptional beauty of chainsaw sculptures.

The rendezvous, although very nice, was not the highlight of the day. Stay tuned for my next blog post for the highlight of my day.

15 Responses to “Ridgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous”

1. eileeninmd

Linda, they are all amazing carvings. I especially love all the animals. The bears are always a favorite of mine. I just wish they were more affordable.

It never ceases to amaze me the talent people have. I love wooden carvings and wouldn't mind attending the one next year. Your photos were great Linda, thanks for taking us to this wonderful event.

3. Arne

Pretty cool! Looks like the e-5 is doing as advertised. I think the most challenging one is the eagle. Getting the details of the wings and yet still able to see the background clouds. I'm jealous. 🙂

4. Linda (PA_shutterbug)

@Eileen – This was the first chainsaw carving event that Bob and I ever attended. We have attended ice carving events but never chainsaw carving. The chainsaw sculptures were extraordinary!@Denise – You are the second person who mentioned wanting to attend next year's event. Be sure and let me know if you and Gregg decide to attend. I'd love to show you around my neck of the woods!

Hi Linda, Those carvings are AMAZING… I loved them all. Were they for sale? Did you take one home???? I loved the eagle, the angel and the owl… George would definitely want that green and pink fish (but not for the fish)… ha ha ha haHugs,Betsy

6. Dar

Unbelievable talent…Bill bought me a carvers chainsaw for Christmas years ago, but neglected to show me how to use it. The artistry at this sawyers show is Outstanding…love the pirate, the horse would make my daughter swoon, and ya gotta love the humor of some. What a nice way to spend a winters day.BlessYourHeart

7. George

I used to watch chainsaw carvers at work during my lunch hour when I worked in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The talent of such arists is amazing, as your pictures show.

8. Libby Mattox

Linda the pictures you took of the carvings are awsome, i could not get home this year for it so thank you for bring it to me. 🙂 thank you again.

These are wonderful…it is hard to believe they were all carved with a chainsaw. And the artist probably made it look easy.