My Adopted Home – Warren, PA (Second Installment)

This blog post is a continuation of my desire to share with you information and photographs of Warren, PA — my adopted home. You may read my first installment, which was written in May 2009, by clicking here.

The Warren Historic District, which includes a wide variety of architectural styles, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In December 2005, using the “Warren Historic District Walking Tour” brochure that we obtained from the Warren County Historical Society, Bob and I took a stroll through Warren’s Historic District.

PC170034the Noyes-Donaldson House
216 Fourth Avenue
Greek Revival Style (1843)

PC170032Warren County Historical Society
210 Fourth Avenue
Second Empire Style (1873)

PC170045Warren County Courthouse
204 Market Street
Second Empire Style (1876)

PC170033The Mansion House
215 Fourth Avenue
Greek Revival Style (1833)

PC170035
Siggins-Smith House
315 Liberty Street
Eclectic Style (1907)

PC170036
Brown-Citro House
318 Liberty Street
Second Empire Style (1868)

PC170038
Jackson-Sill House
224 Liberty Street
Greek Revival Style (c. 1830)

PC170040
Struthers Library Theater
302 Third Avenue
Second Empire Style (1883)

PC170041
Falconer-Smith-Borger House
301 Market Street
Italianate Style (1866)

PC170042
Scofield House
307 Market Street
Tudor Style (1890)

PC170043
Jamieson House
311 Market Street
Second Empire Style (1875)

PC170044
Mead-Shear House
312 Market Street
Italianate Style (1868)

It has been 5 years since these photographs were taken. One day I would like to go on another stroll through Warren’s historic district. Perhaps I’ll take the stroll one day in the Spring, Summer or Fall. Anyone care to join me?

13 Responses to “My Adopted Home – Warren, PA (Second Installment)”

The houses are lovely! You're pictures really do them justice too. Are the all in the same section of town? We have a few like that in Holland but most of them were torn down, sadly.

2. Scott

You do have some lovely old homes and buildings in your adopted home and you have shown them off well.

3. Becky K.

Wish I could! Those homes remind me of those we would see when we visited my Grandparents in Franklin, PA. Lovely!

4. Linda G.

Thank you Ciss B and Scott. The houses are in the same section of town, Ciss. We walked about 1/2 mile.

5. Chip "Rocket Man" Allen

Beautiful series, Linda. I've been meaning to do a walking tour of our town's historic district and you've inspired me to get off my butt and do it. I really have no excuse for not doing it earlier, especially since our daughter lives in a home built in 1836.

6. George

I'd love to take another walking tour of Warren with you. I really enjoyed seeing these beautiful and interesting buildings.

7. Barb

Yes, I'll join you, Linda! PA is my old stomping ground. I especially love the historic architecture. Do you still have snow on the ground where you live?

8. Willard

I enjoyed reading your two posts about Warren. I have never been there, so your posts give me an understanding of the area, and your photographs are excellent.

Oh, Linda, these are some beautiful buildings/homes. I always love looking in the historical districts of towns.