The First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of Spring. What a gorgeous day it was!  Rather than spend the day inside, we opted to go for a drive around the Allegheny Reservoir,

The First Day of Spring
Bob took this picture of me, as I was setting up the tripod to take a picture of the two of us.
E3200316 4x6

This is the picture that I took of the two of us. This picture was taken at Sugar Bay, which is located on Route 321, on the Allegheny Reservoir.

When we crossed the Pennsylvania border into New York, we soon found ourselves at the entrance to Allegany State Park.

E3200317 4x6

This was our first stop in Allegany State Park. What a peaceful setting! I like the wooded area behind the bridge, the bridge itself and the swiftly moving water flowing beneath the bridge.

E3200326 4x6

Here’s another picture of Bob and me. We are at Science Lake. You can’t tell it from this picture, but there was about a foot of snow piled up in front of us.
These geese were swimming in Red House Lake. Soon after we arrived at the lake, though, they came onshore. They didn’t seem concerned too much with our proximity.
E3200336 4x6
E3200341 4x6
E3200342 4x6
E3200349 4x6

10 Responses to “The First Day of Spring”

Great pictures of your day! Loved the geese! Congrats to Bob on his weight loss – I'm jealous!

Hi Linda, Great pictures… I always love seeing pictures of the two of you especially. Congrats to Bob for his weight loss… Men can lose so easily… BAH!!!!! ha Looks like you had a fun day today even though it must have been quite cold.Hugs,Betsy

3. Gretchen

Love all the photos! That's why I come here, well, besides to see what you're up to!Congrats to Bob on the weight loss!!

Happy Spring! Nice pictures of you and Bob. The geese are cool. We have a lot of Canadian geese around here and they are fun to watch.

5. E. Z.

Yippee, it's Spring! Great photos. As a “snow challenged” person I'm never going to understand how you can have a foot of snow piled on your birdfeeder one week and green grass the next week but I'm working on just accepting it;-) Congrats to Bob on his weight loss. Be sure to tell him that if he ever wants any of it back, I'll gladly donate mine to him. The photos …they're instant relaxation, better than meditating.

I love little hometown restaurants…the ones that are good. I like that photo of the little bridge…

Those photos of you and Bob are lovely. All great photos Linda. Congratulations on Bob's weight loss, a good role model. And I agree with Betsy's comment, men do lose weight a lot easier than women but it's still great that he has lost so much. Need to get going on that myself ;(

8. Anonymous

Hi Linda,Enjoyed your blog and photos. Nice to see you and Bob in some images as well. Olivia

9. Beatrice P. Boyd

Hi Linda, just catching up on some previous posts. Looks like a nice day trip and if Grenville reads about that train station converted to a restaurant he will want to go there for sure. In mid-May we are travelling to Bryson City, NC to ride the Great Smokey Mountain RR. Can you figure out that he's a train fan?