An Early Spring Walk

Bob and I visited the Audubon Center and Sanctuary in Jamestown, New York. We walked the Yellow Trail, which is 2 miles long. Here are a few pictures of what we saw along the trail.

E3270378 4x6
We saw this heron within minutes of beginning our walk.

We saw several deer twice during our walk. They kept their distance, with trees between us and them. I wasn’t able to capture a good picture of the deer. It was cool to see the deer though!

E3270379 4x6
E3270384 4x6
E3270390 4x6
This was one of a few boardwalks that we crossed.

The trail was in pretty good shape, although it was snow-covered and icy in places. The trail was not too muddy, which was the reason I picked today to make this walk. It has been cold the past few days, with little precipitation. The ground was harder than it would have been had the temperatures been warmer.

I feel as though I accomplished something today. I haven’t walked much in months. I probably should have opted for a shorter route, as my knee is really bothering me. I am happy, however, that I finished the 2-mile loop!

12 Responses to “An Early Spring Walk”

1. Dar

Looks as tho you had a nice spring walk. I need to get out there again, myself. Maybe Spring weather will come faster…hmmm.BlessYourHeart

I have walking the malls in winter, but there are really not too many places I can do it here. I'm anxious to get outside and see some of the things you saw in your walk today. Your pics make me want to get outdoors!

What a beautiful place to walk! I know I need to get out and walk more. I am looking for the weather warming up, so we can go outside more. You asked about our lamps in my last post. Yes, we are going to have a web site and I will be publishing that as soon as we get that all set up.

4. Trails of a Traveler

Beautiful place Linda.. Looks like the snow has started clearing up slowly..Nice photo of the Great Blue Heron. It would have been great had you captured from the side with the bird in complete view..Ram

5. Barb

Hi Linda, Glad the weather cooperated for your walk, though I do see the left-over snow. I thought of you last week when I heard a tornado hit in NW PA. That Heron shot is wonderful – you caught it on the wing. Get some Arnica to rub on your knees and keep walking!

That is a fantastic shot of the heron…love the angle. And looks like such a nice place to walk…would love to have been there.

7. Jen

Great in flight shot of the heron!I love walking, but usually only get it done while in Arizona.

A two mile walk with hurting knees is quite an accomplishment Linda. I have my problems with my own and I can sympathize. From your photos I can see this is a great place to visit. Lovely shots all of them.