Bob and I extended the Easter holiday and went on vacation to Virginia Beach, Virginia. We spent 1 night in Winchester, Virginia; 4 nights in Virginia Beach; and 1 night in Bedford, Pennsylvania.
The highlights of our vacation included:
– a brief stop in Tappahannock, Virginia;
– soaking up the sun and warmth on the oceanfront while in Virginia Beach, Virginia;
– visiting the Norfolk Botanical Garden with friends;
– spending Easter Day with friends;
– driving over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel; and
– visiting Assateague Island, Virginia, on our way back home.
Here is a slideshow with photographs of the highlights of our vacation.
I want to mention one other vacation highlight, one not so pleasant. En route Virginia Beach we spent one night at the Best Western Lee-Jackson Inn in Winchester, Virginia. The AC receptacles in our room were worn to the point that anything plugged into them would simply fall out, without even a nudge. That night my husband emailed Best Western International in regards these AC receptacles, stating that they might be considered a hazard in some locations. The next morning, after showering, I plug in the hotel’s hair dryer …