Birds and a Chipmunk

Here are some of the birds and a chipmunk that have visited our yard since the beginning of the month.

Male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

Chipmunk

White-Crowned Sparrow

Grackle

Cedar Waxwing

I didn’t know the identity of the cedar waxwing, when I snapped its picture. I asked Bob if he could find out the bird’s identity. He has a bird identification app on his iPod and was readily able to identify the bird for me.

I’ve seen a Baltimore Oriole a couple times; however, he hasn’t hung around long enough for me to photograph him. I hope one day that I will be able to share a picture of a Baltimore Oriole with you!

8 Responses to “Birds and a Chipmunk”

1. Andrea

Hello Linda, i've been reading all your feeds in my inbox but sometimes i cannot come here and put some comments. The bird photographs are so nice, you got lovely companions there. Happy Birthday to Bob and Happy Mothers' Day. I can see you have a good sunset at your backyard, but forgive me for boasting a bit, as i think my sunset views from my 5th floor window are nicer, hahaha!

2. Lisa RedWillow

Your Birds are just outstanding. Amazing captures.The sunset is stunning. Have a peaceful Sunday. Happy Mothers Day

Too bad Bob didn't win, but wish him a happy belated birthday….and that sky was worth coming home to…it is gorgeous.

4. Esme

Happy Birthday to Bob-your bird photographs are gorgeous-you have an eye for photography-I know you know this already.Happy Mothers Day.

5. jstevensphoto

Sounds like y'all had a great day. Hope he enjoyed that IPA. If y'all ever get to Texas, I'll take you to the Flying Saucer in Ft. Worth for some great beer.

6. eileeninmd

Beautiful birdie photographs, Linda! The Grosbeak is one of my favorite birds. Happy Belated Birthday to your Bob.

Beautiful pictures. I love all the wildlife shots and it is fun to see the beauty of your state. Happy belated bithday to Bob!

You have such a great eye for wildlife whether it's birds or chipmunks! I really enjoy your photos!.