A Brief Visit Downtown

Last evening Bob and I met our friends, Dave and Susan, at Music in the Park in our hometown. Our visit was short lived, as rain loomed on the horizon. The four of us had arrived downtown via motorcycle and didn’t want to get wet. We arrived home only minutes before the rain started!

Heritage Fountain

This 18-foot tall cast iron fountain, which was installed last fall, was dedicated and turned on a few weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I had an opportunity to take a picture of the fountain working. The Heritage Fountain is located at the intersection of Second and Pennsylvania Avenues in Warren, PA. This fountain is the centerpiece of Warren’s Downtown Streetscape Revitalization Project.

Our friends, Susan and Dave

We sat at a table across the street from where Music in the Park was being held. We could hear Abbey Road, a Beatles tribute band, performing in the background, as we chatted and sipped our respective drinks. I am sure that we would have spent an enjoyable couple hours with our friends, if not for the rain!

I was seated next to these flowers.
See the motorcycles in the background?

11 Responses to “A Brief Visit Downtown”

1. eileeninmd

Great photos, LInda. I love the compostion of the first photo. The fountain is beautiful. Great shot of your friends and the flowers are beautiful.

2. Corker2

In my past, it was always nice to go for a ride and meet up with friends that also have a bike. That fountain in your town looks real nice to see. Your friends remind me of nice people to meet. May they ride safe. Even though I'm not much of a flower person, I still appreciate seeing Nature at it's beauty. Great Image.Sorry that your ride was ruined by the rain. Hope you and Bob had rain suits, which I'm sure that you had. The ole' saying goes “Real Tourers Do It in the Rain or Shine.”

3. Becky K.

It is so good that you got home before the rain got there. The partial evening sounds great. Music and friends. What a great combination.

4. Stacey Dawn

I am so drawn to those buildings who have a triangular shape to them. I've never been in one though – to see what they are like from the inside… I think I'll have to make a point to check them out more closely!

I wish your visit had not been cut short…and I would like to see a better view of the building behind the fountain…though how you would get a better view is more than I know. I think I would just like to see it in person.

6. Andrea

Am glad you are back Linda, as I always have beautiful photos to emulate. Until now, i still am battling with my blurry focus. I still don't know how to get the sharp focus like you have here. Lastly, my condolences for the passing of your cousin. She is now painless and with the Lord.