Where Eggs Come From

It has been a long, long time since I purchased eggs in a grocery store.  One of Bob’s coworkers raises chickens, and we buy our eggs from him.

These chickens are not yet old enough to lay eggs.
They are kept in an enclosure separate from the egg-laying chickens.

Bob caught one of the chickens.

Our friends’ granddaughter caught a chicken too.

It was the first time she had caught one of the chickens.

These are the chickens that lay our eggs.

Egg-Laying Chickens

6 Responses to “Where Eggs Come From”

1. betsyfromtennessee

How neat…. It’s been years and years since I bought eggs (or was given eggs) from an individual who raises chickens…. I’m a grocery-store EGG buyer… Dang… What am I missing?????

Hugs,
    Betsy

2. Talk and Chatter

I love your pics of the chickens! Wish we could find a place around here like this. We have done it twice and both times the small farms have closed. I love farm fresh eggs. Grew up with chickens and loved the eggs just after gathering them in the coop. Thanks for the memories!

3. Eileen

Hi Linda, I love all the critters, so these chickens are adorable. I am not sure if I would want to pick one up though. I love the last shot, there are a lot of chickens.

I really enjoyed these….and I really think the second shot from the bottom is special!

5. StellaLouise

Next door neighbors have the nasty birds – recently the fox made a visit. Unfortunately he did not get them all. Maybe he will be back. Chickens in the countryside are fine, but NOT in a residential neighborhood, especially when chicken herders can’t keep their pests contained in the chicken coop on their OWN property, rather than allow the birds to be wandering (and pooping) on our lawn ! 😦

More great photos!!! I buy my eggs at the supermarket but there was a time when I lived in my village in the UK where we always bought them from our local farmer. They were the best!!!