A Sunday Drive

Bob and I went on a Sunday drive through two state parks: Clear Creek State Park and Cook Forest State Park.  Before we began our drive, though, we enjoyed a hearty “all you can eat” breakfast at The Farmers Inn in Sigel, Pennsylvania.

Here are some of the things that we saw, while on our drive.

E5271039 4x6
Big boulders that begged to be climbed
(Beartown Rocks in Clear Creek State Park)
E5271055 4x6
Black Labrador dog playing in Clear Creek
(Clear Creek State Park)
E5271066 4x6
Seneca Point Overlook
(Cook Forest State Park)
E5271068 4x6
A photograph of myself that I actually like 🙂
(Seneca Point Overlook in Cook Forest State Park)
E5271069 4x6
Fire tower
(Cook Forest State Park)
E5271072 4x6
We saw Mountain Laurel in both parks.

7 Responses to “A Sunday Drive”

Looks like you had a great day. The photo of you is a great one! You look very happy and the setting is just gorgeous 🙂

2. eileeninmd

Linda, wonderful photos from your Sunday Drive. Does one of these parks have an old growth forest? I like the shot of you and the one of Bob. Can you climb the tower? The mountain laurel is gorgeous. Great post. Happy Memorial day!

Great photos Linda and I especially liked the ones of you and Bob. Looked like a wonderful ride.

Love those rocks! My grandkids would have been all over them, too! Oh, and I think those of us behind the camera all hate our pics taken! 😉 (I agree that it is a good picture of you, though.) The mountain laurel is beautiful. We don't often see those here in Michigan. I do have a girlfriend who has some and they are beautiful!

5. Kalantikan

Glad to see you again Linda. I can't imagine how those trees get to be that big with those boulders they are growing in, how they were able to get enough nutrients when they are younger! They could already be very old.

6. Beatrice P. Boyd

Linda, we have walked in this park and so it was wonderful to see this post and the photos. I can recall the long winding tree roots.

That is a really nice photo of you, Linda…I don't like my own photos at all…not any of them.Looks like you had fun on your drive.