Easter Vacation – Day 5 of 5

On the last day of Easter vacation (April 21st), we awakened at 5:00 am.  While on vacation, our morning began at 5:00 am most days.  It is good that we retired for the night most evenings by 9:00 pm. I wouldn’t have been able to keep getting up that early otherwise. Our room was on the first floor of the Best Western Grove City Inn hotel, so we had to only walk down the hall for breakfast. I doubt we stay at this Best Western hotel again. The room was small, as was the bathroom. Breakfast was okay, but we have had better selections (e.g. bacon and sausage and make-your-own waffles) at other Best Western hotels. When we checked into the hotel, we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a king size room with whirlpool tub. We declined the offer because we didn’t anticipate making use of the whirlpool. The king room, though, would have been larger, and perhaps we would have provided a better review of the hotel.

We checked out of the hotel around 7:00 am.  As I wrote in yesterday’s blog post, we made a return trip to McConnells Mill State Park for the purpose of taking some photographs in the early morning light.  We drove home from McConnells Mill, making only one other stop. We stopped in Tionesta PA, where I took a few pictures of the Sherman Memorial Lighthouse.

P4214485 4x6

P4214483 4x6
Lighthouse Facts

I followed the paved trail around the base of the lighthouse.

P4214480 4x6I found an inviting gazebo and a lovely view of the Allegheny River.

P4214481 4x6
The lighthouse is open for public viewing only a few days out of the year.
Bob and I have not yet participated in a lighthouse tour.
I would like to tour the lighthouse some day.

We arrived home around noon. This concludes our Easter vacation.  I hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing the photographs from our vacation.

8 Responses to “Easter Vacation – Day 5 of 5”

1. Betsyfromtennessee

How neat… Aren’t you glad you changed your plans –and went home another way???? You have gotten to see so many terrific things. Like covered bridges, I also love lighthouses. What a pretty one!!! WOW—and I could certainly enjoy a meal in that gazebo.

Our Holiday Inn Expresses are usually all alike –but on occasion we’ll find one that is ‘different’… And–since we are greedy, we never turn down a room upgrade… HA HA … In fact, we sometimes get a little miffed when we aren’t offered an upgrade…(We are spoiled I guess… ha)

Hugs,
    Betsy

2. DeniseinVA

I love this lighthouse and the gazebo with the lake beyond is incredible. Great photos Linda! We need to start getting up for those early morning light shots. It really is an incredible time of the day.

3. Lorraina

Glad you guys had such a nice trip and you sure got some awesome pics. Never turn down an upgrade as often there’s other unmentioned benefits like bigger room, bed, better view in a quieter location. Hope you get to take the lighthouse tour some other time.

4. Eileen

Linda, it is a beautiful lighthouse. And a pretty scene by the river. Gorgeous photos from your trip!

5. tanya breese

i love lighthouses…the only one i’ve actually toured though is the old point loma lighthouse in san diego (that’s where i’m from)…loved it, haven’t seen it since a kid though

6. Willard Hill

I have enjoyed catching up on the posts about your vacation. A lot of great photos and experiences to treasure.

I love that gate in the first photo…looks like a beautiful spot to visit.

I got so far behind on your blog…I gave up on catching up. I need to just start now and not try to go back…but you always have stuff I like and seem to go places we would go. So tend to get caught up in what I have missed.