“American Idol” vs. Full Moon

“American Idol” is one of my favorite shows. I missed most of it last night because I was outside looking at (and photographing) the full moon. The moon was breathtakingly beautiful last night, as it moved gracefully in and out of clouds. It is a good thing that the street on which I live is not busy at nighttime. The best view of the moon was from the far side of my street. My being on the side of the street, with a tripod set in front of me, caught only one driver by surprise.

By the way I did get to watch my three favorite “American Idol” performers — Crystal Bowersox, Michael Lynche and Casey James. I feel that Michael and Casey both outperformed Crystal last night; however, Crystal is still my #1 favorite idol.

12 Responses to ““American Idol” vs. Full Moon”

I have not been crazy about anyone on Idol this year…think it is a thing of maybe I have too much other stuff on my mind. We were disappointed in Crystal's song choice last night, but boy she just does not sing anything wrong. I really like Lee and Roger likes Big Mike. (Wait till you see Blind Side–then you will have two people you think of every time you say Big Mike)

2. Becky K.

Funny, I didn't know there was a full moon until I had to leave in the middle of AI to take some of our kids friends home. It was pretty.I was a bit sorry to miss the other songs, though.Becky K

HI Linda, I used to watch Idol–but am not this year (due to our watching so many other shows at that time and already having too many things DVR'd)… haI have heard this this is the worst year in awhile though…We had rain and clouds last night—so no full moon here. You did get a good photo though..Hugs,Betsy

4. eileeninmd

It was a lovely full moon last night. And I was able to catch a glimpse of the moon early this morning the color was awesome. Crystal is my favorite idol contestant this year.

5. Elizabeth Munroz

Awesome!!! Reminds me of a time my boyfriend went up in the hilltops to take moon pix. Someone saw him set up tripod and large telephoto lens and thought he was up to no good. Cops arrived. He never got his pic. He will appreciate this one you took.

6. Jen

Awesome pic of the big pizza pie! wow-how do you take a picture at night like that??BTW – Lee is my American Idol. 🙂

7. Jackie

Wow, what an absolutely fabulous photo, Linda! Gives me chills!I have been an avid AI watcher since it first started, but for some reason I just never started watching it this season. My dad and I would call each other back and forth after a good performance and critique it, lol. He has been filling me in on some of the details this year, so I may have to watch the last final episodes 🙂

8. Marci

Amazing photo of the full moon!!! Awesome!By the way, Casey is my favorite idol.